There are certain qualities that make up the culture of every organization. Westwood is an organized Baptist Church by denomination. As such, we hold as a value the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith and Message.
A few of the other values held by Westwoodare listed below:
- Excellence Westwood strives for excellence in both our programs and our properties. We believe that anything worth doing is worthy of being done well. We also believe God has given us stewardship responsibilities with our physical properties.
- Service Westwood has the responsibility of finding community needs and meeting these needs. our service starts in the local body of Christ at Westwood. From that local body, we move into the greater community of Greenwood and surrounding area.
- Others Westwood realizes the local church does not exist only for its own needs. The church has been sent on a mission into the world. Thus, we believe Westwood Baptist Church exists for others.
- Worship Westwood believes worship should be practiced both public and private. Every Christian has a responsibility to meet God in private and in a large group worship experience. The Bible warns us to “not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.” (Heb. 10:25)
The vision of Westwood Baptist Church is to take the gospel of Christ to the world.
Westwood will use every resource, its people, its properties, and its finances to carry out our vision statement.
- First, Greenwood & surrounding communities
- Second, The state of Arkansas
- Third the United States
- Fourth, the international mission field
Westwood Baptist Church cooperates locally with the churches in Greenwood and the Southern Baptist churches that make up the Concord Baptist Association. Westwood is affiliated with Arkansas Baptist State Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention.